Tuesday, November 16, 2010

It was all Yellow

Image credit: www.flickr.com/photos/vhtrc
In the beginning there were colors. That's what Charlotte Hatherley says, and she must've taken a recent trip to Potomac Overlook Regional Park.

The trees are brilliant--I feel like the reflection from the yellow canopy makes everything glow.

There was a trail race there over the weekend that I was thinking of doing, but I decided to continue to enjoy the solitude of the trails instead. I rarely see people other than an occasional dog walker.

Wildlife, on the other hand, is abundant. Practically every few feet there's a squirrel or bird scuttling about in the leaves and trees. And often, the rustling belongs to deer; in the past few months, I've seen a doe and two fawns happily frolicking in the brush and a giant buck with huge antlers scampering away from the clearing where I spotted him. Last Friday, I came within a yard of a grazing doe that seemed unfettered as I ran past.

Autumnal bliss.

p.s. The trail race offered the most hilarious prizes in lieu of traditional medals or trophies: hats with ear flaps. 'Tis the season, I suppose.

No comments:

Post a Comment